This document sets forth the privacy notice for CloudFloorDNS (“we” or “us”). It describes the types of personal information that we receive in the course of doing business, how we use that information, third-parties with whom we may share the information, and your choices in modifying or removing the information.
We value the trust you place in CloudFloorDNS’s services and our privacy practices. We are committed to providing our customers and users with a secure environment, unparalleled customer service, and state of the art technologies to safeguard your personal information. CloudFloorDNS will adhere to the policies and practices described in this privacy notice, as well as any applicable customer agreement as it pertains to personal information.
CloudFloorDNS owns and operates the www.cloudfloordns.com website, to which this privacy notice also applies (the “Website“).
What Information Does CloudFloorDNS Collect?
When you visit the Website or use any of our services, you may be providing two distinct types of information: anonymous statistics collected as you browse the Website, and personal information you knowingly give us. CloudfloorDNS also gathers certain types of personal information about the users who log-in and visit the CloudfloorDNS management portal on the Website. Our privacy practices will vary depending on the circumstances under which we collected your personal information.
Information Collected from Customers
CloudFloorDNS provides various managed DNS services and products. We use data that a customer provides to us only as necessary to deliver the CloudFloorDNS services that the customer has agreed to use, which include, but are not limited to, the provision of our DNS services, customer support, and notification of new features and services. We may also use customer data to contact you regarding administrative notices, to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce the customer services agreement. CloudFloorDNS will retain personal information provided by our customers for as long as is needed to provide services to our customers and in accordance with the applicable customer agreement. In addition to this privacy notice, usage of customer data is subject to and covered by the applicable customer agreement.
Information collected through our Websites
When you visit and use our Website, we may collect, retain and use two kinds of information:
- Information you provide to us, which may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website when registering for white papers, marketing, events or webinars, requesting further information about our solutions, when you report a problem with our Website or when you otherwise communicate with us. This includes personal information such as name, email address and phone number. Any financial information we collect is used only to bill you for the services you purchased. If you purchase by credit card, this information may be forwarded to your credit card provider. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information and, if you do not provide this information, we may not be able to provide you with the relevant service, information or communication. In the forms, some of the personal information data fields will offer you an election to make a data item public. The election does not mean we publish the data in any general way; what it does mean is that a “whois”-like application could look up the data. However, if you elect to not make the data public, it will remain private.
- Records and copies of your correspondence if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- We may also collect the following information from you:
- Information about your business, such as organization and industry.
- Demographic information, such as geographic location.
- Information collected through automatic data collection technologies.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We also use third-party services, such as Google Analytics, to collect and analyze such information.
We link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you. We do this to improve our offered services, marketing, analytics, and site functionality.
Please note that CloudFloorDNS does not attempt to collect any sensitive information, such as personal financial information, social security or driver’s license numbers, or personal health information, on our Website.
Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to and from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our Websites. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to us.
We may provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys on our Website. If you participate, we will request certain personal information from you. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and therefore you have the option whether to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and email address) and demographic information (such as zip code).
We use this information to better understand our market and customer needs, and to continue to enhance our applications.
We may use a third-party service provider to conduct these surveys; that company will be prohibited from using your personal information for any other purpose. We will not share the personal information you provide through a survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and the choice to opt-out.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial on a Website along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at support@CloudfloorDNS.com.
In general, we will use any of the personal information we collect from you only for the purposes described in this privacy notice or for purposes that we explain to you at the time we collect such information. However, we may also use your personal information for other purposes that are not incompatible with the purposes we have disclosed to you (such as statistical purposes) if and where this is permitted by applicable data protection laws.
What About Other Websites Linked to the CloudFloorDNS Websites?
Except as otherwise discussed in this privacy notice, this document only addresses the use and disclosure of information we collect from you. We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to, or from, CloudFloorDNS websites, nor the information or content contained therein. Other sites accessible through our websites have their own privacy policies and data collection, use and disclosure practices. Please consult each website’s privacy notice rules before proceeding.
Third-Parties with Whom We May Share Your Information
We may disclose personal information about you as described in this privacy notice, including:
- To our third party service providers on a need to know basis to assist us e.g. operating our Website, conducting our business, processing your credit card, or providing services to you.
- To our affiliates to provide support to you in connection with our Website or CloudFloorDNS services.
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you opt-in to receive email notifications, we will use your email address to send those notifications to you.
- As required by law, such as to comply with any court order, subpoena, or similar legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request, as well as lawful requests by public authorities to meet law enforcement requirements.
- To enforce or apply our Acceptable Use Policy or our customer services agreement (as applicable) and other agreements.
- If we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of CloudFloorDNS, our customers or others, or to investigate fraud. However, all such disclosure shall comply with any applicable data protection law.
- In the context of a sale, assignment or other transfer of all or part of the business.
- In any investigation we initiate due to complaints regarding spam, activities related to hacking/cracking/denial-of-service attacks, and/or other potentially illegal activities.
- To any other person with your consent.
It may be necessary to share our customer data with third-parties in order for CloudFloorDNS to provide the services requested by our customers. For example, we will need to transmit an individual’s cell-phone number to a telecommunications provider in order to deliver a customer-initiated notification designated for that individual and others. Under such circumstances we will only transmit the information needed to fulfil the obligations described in our customer’s service contract. These third parties are also bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. Transfers to these third parties are covered by the provisions in this privacy notice regarding notice and choice, as well as applicable contractual agreements.
We do not sell, trade, or rent customer or user data to others, and we do not share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes.
Legal Basis for Processing your Personal Information (EEA Individuals Only)
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area (EEA), our legal basis for processing your personal information will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to process personal information about you to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will normally be to operate our website and communicate with you as necessary to provide our products and services to you and for our legitimate commercial interest. These legitimate interests include, for example, responding to your queries, improving our platform, undertaking marketing, or detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contacting Us” heading below.
We reserve the right to share aggregated site statistics with partner companies, but we do not share any personally identifiable information. We may allow third-party cookies from analytics services, such as Google Analytics, Salesforce CRM, and LiveChat.
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
We have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this privacy notice.
Resolution of Disputes and Complaint Mechanism
CloudFloorDNS commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information in accordance with applicable law. Individuals in the EU or Switzerland may submit queries related to the processing of personal information by contacting us directly at support@CloudfloorDNS.com, or by writing to us at: MicroTech USA LLC, 25 Corporate Drive, Burlington, MA 01803.
CloudFloorDNS has further committed to cooperate with the European data protection authorities (the “DPAs”) and/or the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (the “Commissioner”), as applicable. If we have not been able to successfully resolve your query or complaint and you are based in the EEA or Switzerland, you may raise your query or complaint directly to the DPA or Commissioner. The services of the DPAs and Commissioner are provided at no cost to you. You can find details of the relevant DPA at https://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm. CloudFloorDNS will comply with any advice given by the DPAs and/or Commissioner.
If your inquiry still has not been satisfactorily resolved, you may have other recourse mechanisms such as invoking binding arbitration.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. The security of your personal information and our customers’ information is extremely important to us. When you enter sensitive information, we encrypt the transmission of that information using up-to-date security technology (e.g. TLS).
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you may contact us at support@CloudfloorDNS.com.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding your personal information. If you do not wish to receive information about our products or services, you can opt-out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the promotional e-mails we send you. You may also e-mail your request to support@CloudFloorDNS.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
Rights of individuals in the EEA
If you are a resident of the EEA, you also have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contacting Us” heading below.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contacting Us” heading below.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority (the contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA, Switzerland and certain non-European countries are available here).
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Also, for general users on our website, you can fill out a new form to access, update or request deletion of your information, or email us at support@CloudfloorDNS.com.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our website whom are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to support@CloudfloorDNS.com or write us at: MicroTech USA LLC, 25 Corporate Drive, Burlington, MA 01803.
Future Business Transactions
As we continue to develop our business, we might undergo a change of ownership such as a merger and/or a sale of all or substantially all our stock or assets. In such transactions, user information, including customer data, generally is one of the transferred business assets. By submitting information on the Website, through data import, or any other means, you acknowledge that such data may be transferred to such parties in these circumstances. However, any party purchasing our assets will be subject to an obligation to maintain the integrity of your information. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of user information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your information.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may update this privacy notice to reflect changes to our information practices. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact us at the following address:
MicroTech USA LLC dba CloudFloorDNS
25 Corporate Drive, 4th Floor
Burlington, MA 01803
Telephone – US +1 781-373-5823 or UK +44 0808 234-8664
The data controller of your personal information is MicroTech USA LLC.
This privacy notice is effective as of May 25, 2018.