DNS Failover will monitor and failover DNS to backup IP addresses upon failure. Detect an ISP outage, server outage, website failure and instantly move selected DNS records to a backup
The CloudFloor DNS Failover service will detect an outage and move DNS records to a backup server, ISP or Datacenter. This will minimize downtime with rapid monitoring from multiple locations, and instantly failover DNS entries to a backup IP address or CNAME. Our Cloud-based Failover service adds another level of redundancy to your infrastructure and is tightly integrated into our Netmon server monitoring platform.
- Highly adjustable service offers Failover/Failback options
- Move your DNS to backup in a little as 60 seconds after an outage
- Very Low DNS TTL cache means instant DNS Propagation to backup IP
- 20+ Methods of detection include HTTP/S, SSH, SIP, PING & more
- Failover CNAMES, A-Records and even add/remove servers from LB pools
Did you know you don’t have to move your DNS to us to use Failover? Ask us about CNAME Failover – it’s low cost and very easy to setup!
We utilize 7 global monitoring locations that monitor your primary server, ISP connection or datacenter connection at a set interval. If multiple locations detect a failure, your DNS failover rules kick in and move DNS records to backup IP address or CNAME’s. You can optionally set to automatically failback DNS when the primary server, ISP or Datacenter comes back up.
STEP 1 – Monitor your server(s) every 1 minute
STEP 2 – When we detect a Failure we notify you
STEP 3 – We Failover DNS records to backup IP’s
STEP 4 – Failback DNS to the Primary IP when up
ISP failover offers you a simple and easy way to move DNS records when your primary ISP or datacenter fails. Many business routers such as Sonicwall, Cisco, Watchguard, and others will automatically failover your hardware firewall to an alternate network, but NOT your DNS. We will host, monitor and failover DNS records automatically.
- Instantly Failover DNS your on-prem hosted DNS to the backup
- Move DNS in a little as 60 seconds when 3 or more monitors detect a failure
- Low TTL means instant DNS Propagation and Failover DNS Records
- Failover DNS Records such as www, vpn, mail, etc when the primary fails
- Works with CNAMES and A-Records within your DNS zonefile
Our Server/Application monitoring automatically updates your DNS records upon a failure detection of your primary Server or Application Server. We monitor your server or application every 1 minute from multiple locations and when we detect 3 or more failures we switch selected A-Records and CNAMES of your choice to the backup IP’s.
- Detect HTTP/S protocols or use other methods such as page content
- Easily add uptime to your mission critical apps & servers
- Low Cost starting at just $50 a month with included Enterprise DNS
- Detection include HTTP/S, SSH, SIP, TCP/UDP connect, Ping & more
- Don’t want to move DNS, try our CNAME Failover options
Server Monitoring & DNS Failover
Netmon Server monitoring allows you to monitoring you server at certain intervals to notify you and invoke failover based on your rules. Test your servers using almost any protocol including HTTP/S, POP3, IMAP, SSH, PING, VOIP and many others
- Adjustable monitoring interval from every 10 seconds to every hour
- 20+ different methods/protocols to test your servers/apps
- Cisco Expressway Monitoring tests the health of your Cisco UC endpoints
- Load Balance & move server pools based on downtime
- Setup multiple notification and failover rules
- Detailed Stats and Monitoring logs
Secure Web Control & Stats
Get secure web-based management for your DNS and Monitoring. Our detailed stats and graphs allow you to view your server response times or review response times from our individual monitoring points across the globe. Quickly identify issues with server latency with the multi-graph or get early alerts using the alert thresholds. It’s all integrated into our powerful web-based management panel
- Simple & Secure control panel makes it easy to pause, clone, add tests
- Uptime percentage meter keeps track of failures
- Notification engine allows extreme flexibility for failure notifications
- Alert thresholds can notify you before a failure happens
- Integrated Netmon control panel has stats and test management
- Web Control for manual failover for maintenance or testing
Patented DNS & GEO DNS technology
Our server monitoring and DNS technology is different from every other DNS provider. We’ve built our own technology from the ground up using our own global monitoring network. We have more custom testing protocols/methods (19+ options) than any other failover service. Our US patent #20130297596 enhances our growing technology portfolio and highlights our dedication to performance and innovation in performance advanced DNS & GEO DNS load balancing.